Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Time Out Forest Hills

Another Forest Hills mention in Time Out. This one on the Time Out NY blog

Here's an excerpt:

Dinner and a movie: Friday, Apr 13Posted in Features, Film, Eat Out, TONY blog by Dustin Goot on April 13th, 2007

In my ongoing
fight for Queens respect, I’m sending you all on a field trip today. Destination: Forest Hills. I don’t know if Forest Hills actually deserves your respect, because I have never been to that section of Queens, but Time Out New York says it is a cool, emerging area, and that’s good enough for me.
I’m sending you to a wine joint called
db Wine Bar & Kitchen, where you can enjoy 30 wines by the glass. It’s near Forest Hills Gardens, which TONY writer Kirk Miller calls “classy.” As you sip your shiraz and scarf down your roasted organic chicken, I want you to think of me sitting in the TONY kitchen, alone, crushing grapes. Because that’s what I was doing last night as part of our beer- and wine-making project. I am now sulfiting my must before I ferment it. Tune in Monday to learn what that means.

The writer is from Astoria so don't get on him or her too much for the 'deserves your respect' remark. Kudos to Backburner for hosting the original TONY writer on his Forest Hills excursion.