Friday, May 18, 2007

Latest Townhouse Update


The demolition has begun and the windows have been removed. I'll try to get a picture later today.


In the meantime, my suggestion is it's too late to organize as it looks like it's a matter of days before this house comes down. If you care about this, it's best to call Councilwoman Melinda Katz' office. Don't email, it's a waste of time. Call or fax.



Contact Information: Melinda Katz
District Office Address:104-01 Metropolitan Ave.,

Forest Hills, New York 11375

District Office Phone No.: (718) 544-8800

District Office Fax No.: (718) 544-4452


Just say something like "Good morning. My name is _____. I'm a constituent of Councilwoman Katz. I'm calling to express my concern about the demolition of all the historic townhouses on the east side of 72nd Ave between Queens Blvd and Austin St. I'm disappointed that no effort was put in by my elected official to preserve this part of Forest Hills History".


That's all you have to say. Please be polite since we're going to be working with her on other things. You can't totally blame Katz if we don't do anything about it either. It's probably too late to save this one, but we have to stop this before it happens again.