Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Update

Sorry for the lack of new stuff. Catching up, it seems like Forest Hills took a beating on this site's comment boards last week. Park Slope kicked our ass on our home field!

I'll say this - it seems like people's biggest problem with Forest Hills is with some of the people (zipperheads, weekenders, etc). Well, that's the most easily changeable aspect of a neighborhood. If you told me the schools were shit. If you told me it's impossible to get to Manhattan. If you told me there was a ton of crime. Then I'd be worried. But if it were already flooded with people like you, then you wouldn't be able to afford it.

Anyway, at Nick's on Saturday Night they were blasting "Gone Daddy Gone" by the Violent Femmes and it was packed with the very cool looking people. Then, during a walk after dinner, the Church in the Gardens played "Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens on its church bells. It sounded amazing.

Earlier, we had driven to Jones Beach, come home and took the 12-minute LIRR to the A to the Museum of Natural History. So overall it was a pretty good day and one I don't know you could replicate anywhere other than Forest Hills.