Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Am I Hot or Not - FoHi Restaurant Edition

Some recent online reports of our town's eateries. . .

HOT Sushi Yasu: Per Sally Vates food blog: "We couldn't believe it when people started calling and asking for reservations," said Yuki as she poured our green tea. "We were just a fish market with three chairs!"

NOT Thai Austin: Per Chowhound: I just ordered food from Thai Austin and I doubt that anyone from Thailand would call it edible. The tom yum was bland with a hit of sweetness?!? The tilapia was strange...vinegar flavoured sauce on a tasteless piece of dry fish.

HOT 5 Burros: Per Citysearch: I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the food is here. I have been eating here for well over 10 years and can honestly say that I never had a bad meal. An added perk is the place itself. If you can handle a crowded place (on certain nights only), with great drinks and plenty to look at, go no further.

NOT 5 Burros: Per Citysearch: The place is very loud with a jukebox. The decor is haphazardly thrown together with a Mexican slant. The food is good, not great. Portions are hearty. Service is subpar. I always feel like vultures are staring at me. . . just waiting for me to stop eating so they can get me out the door and a fresh body in my seat!

NOT Trader Joe's: Per Project Me Blog: The paunchy, non-young employee here were most definitely not art students/candidates for American Apparel ads).

HOT Danny Brown's: Per Danny Brown via Avenue Food: Over the last two nights, I don't think I've ever seen that much calamari consumed.