Friday, December 21, 2007

Tell Me Something I Didn't Know

This fitness trainer/blogger says that Forest Hills residents are cooler, more generous, and less self-obsessed than Upper West Side residents. Excerpts from the awesome blog post:

I really got to feel and appreciate deeply the love of some of my people, namely my Forest Hills peeps. They are the BEST. Love them! They surprised me on Tuesday with a Christmas card stuffed full of $$$$. I love them, not because of the money, but because they care enough to show that they CARE, and they show that what I attempt to do for them on a weekly basis is noticed and appreciated.

Now, moving on to less evolved, more self absorbed, self entitled types. Like the ones I got to sub for at Central Park West last night. I HATE snooty, self important, emotionless, rude, unappreciative humans, but the reality is, I sometimes find myself in a room full of them, and STILL try to give them my best, which I do, because I am, if nothing else, a consummate professional.I walk in, give a great class, and at the end, where there is supposed to be courtesy and appreciation applause (this is simple etiquette, folks, and something you supposedly educated people should be familiar with) there is a silence

You think you're too good to clap? Stay out of exercise classes, then, because you have the manners of an ape.

There's a lot more. Read it all here http://thefitnessdiva.blogspot.com