Friday, February 22, 2008

Register This

Just got home to 85 comments, most of them mean.

Couple of things:

The delivery list at Trade Fair was on the belt where you put your food. It would have been hard not to notice. It has nothing to do with privacy, it's a supermarket delivery list, you idiots.

Second, if you don't like the blog, don't read it.

Third, according to the comments, a photo of me, my wife, and son appeared in a local publication. I have no idea how it got in there, or more scarily, how someone knew I was the blogger (unless I was wearing my 72's). This is a hobby and the last thing I want you nutcases to know is my family's identity. That anonymous comment was so uncool, and I removed it. I don't know how to check IP addresses, and wouldn't anyway if did. Privacy, both yours and mine, means everything to me. Now, someone (anonymous of course) has fucked it up.

So, now, not only am I going to have to water down the posts for fear of real backlash (how 'bout this snow, crazy right?), I have to change the settings to make you register. Allowing these anonymous comments was probably a mistake - I just wanted maximum interaction. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, in fact, of all the Queens blogs, I think you'll find I practice the most restraint in the comments section when someone takes a shot.

But now you all can register and fight amongst yourselves with an identity. Or better yet, you can click on one of the billions of other urls on the world wide web.

So, have at it registered users. The rest of you, I hope you like two comments per post. One from Drake, the other from Who Don't Like Pizza.