Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cavities

Per an emailed tip, I can confirm that Vital Dent on Austin Street is no more. Over the weekend, I'll try to do a count of vacant storefronts. Off the top of my head:

VitalDent
Games Workshop
Hassan Beauty Supply
Austin Fish Market
Mandees
Annie Sez
Daniella
Shoe Bar
Inside NYC
Dmitry (half)
Sorisi
Tasti Delight
Renegade Salon
Piccolo Mondo
Rouge
Viva Bimbi

And probably a few I'm forgetting. Some of the above may have been rented already, but I can't be sure until a store opens or "coming soon" signage is presented.

How these spaces are filled can very well be a defining moment for Forest Hills. The Chamber of Commerce have continually decided against forming a BID claiming the landlord fees would be passed to the tenants. Let's hope they know what they're doing.

Have a great weekend.