Thursday, October 23, 2008

Throw Them All Out - Every Single Goddamned One

First one to go is Melinda Katz who overruled the clear public will and voted to end the two term limit. I've supported Councilwoman Katz before but this is indefensible. A term limit vote should have been on a Spring 2009 ballot.

I've never been more ashamed of my city and my representatives. Gargarin, Delay, Shulman, Koslowitz, Cohen - pick one among yourselves and mount a campaign against Katz and the blog will do what it can to back you.

I don't want to hear Katz or Vallone say "But the guy in front of me wouldn't move so I had nowhere to go."

Bullshit. Take a stand for democracy. Leave office and go into the private sector for a term. Or grow a pair and run against an incumbent. Oh, that's right, incumbents always win - WHICH IS WHY THE PUBLIC VOTED FOR TERM LIMITS TWICE!

Don't even bother trying to rationalize it Councilmembers. Just admit you've got a great thing going and you didn't want to get a real job. As far as Bloomberg, today is one of the saddest days in City history without anyone dying.