Friday, October 31, 2008

Where I Have Been

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual. My industry (my real job) has been hit hard by this recession. It's not going to get better for a long time. There have been layoffs, though I've been spared. But the second my boss walks in on me uploading a picture of Dollar Chic, well let's just say the next day will be filled with stuff going on in Forest Hills because that's where I'll be all day everyday.

There are some interesting things going on. A new yogurt place next to NY and Company - more on that later. A 'yes' vote on the rezoning. A possible dog run in MacArthur Park. I don't like dogs, but they gotta run somewhere.

And plenty of deserved anger over the city council vote. Let's hope they all get thrown out. But like you, I've been so busy trying to enhance my value to my company so I'm spared during the next round of job cuts - and there will definitely be a next round - that I haven't had much time or energy to devote to the grand opening of Fox's. We don't get a chance to vote ourselves into a four year contract. We've got people gunning for our jobs every day.

And where was Bloomberg during this artificial debt-fueled run-up? A time when Wall Street salaries ballooned like dot-com stocks? Was this elected leader and business information mogul screaming about the inevitable crash? No, he was banning krispy kreme doughnuts and talking windmills on bridges.

He could have made a name for himself as the prognosticator - don't tell me he didn't know what was coming. But instead he used the city's incredible media power not to warn families about 4o1K catastrophes and investment bank foolishness, but to charge outer borough drivers to enter his part of the city. Twelve more years!

Anyway, stay tuned. Will post more, but a lot of it will have to be on weekends for a while.