Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Unique Viewer Mail - December 2008

Hey, just wanted to drop you a quick email to tell you I really enjoy your site. I've been here in forest hills for about ten years now. The closings of so many of the mom and pop shops that once defined our neighborhood as a destination area to be proud of saddens me so much, especially when replaced by such eyesores as dollar chic. Your knowledgeable reporting and advocacy for the area gives me hope that all is not lost for the place I am still proud to call my home. Thanks for caring. Viva le forest hills!

Thanks for reading. Dollar Chic is hideous, but every now and then a recent opening like Oko is a definite upgrade over the hair salon it replaced. Cheeburger is a chain, but it's clean and friendly and the new aged steakhouse has a great look to it so far. All is not lost - in fact, I think once the economy rebounds, we're in great shape.

Hi FoHi72-

Thought you might find this article interesting. It's not necessarily about Forest Hills in specific, but given your prior disdain on your blog for congestion pricing, it would be curious to see what you think of this. I'm thinking of writing a related blog post on my own blog.

New York state plans soft drink 'obesity tax'

Good luck with your blog - send me the link when you've gotten a few posts down. I think the obesity tax is silly. No one wants to be obese and taxing people into better behavior is a scary path to embark on. However, I would love to see a dog tax. These animals bite people, bark all night, and crap constantly on the sidewalk. And when their owners do clean it up (which they never get all of), they sometimes just throw the bag in the gutter. They offer absolutely no benefit to anyone but the owner and cause inconvenience to everyone else - especially those of us who wear decent shoes. Tax em. The bigger the dog, the bigger the tax.

Hello,


As I was surfing around google , I discovered your website: http://www.foresthills72.com/ I am trying to add as many informative websites as possible to my site. Which in turn will benefit my users as well as provide you with relevant traffic to your site. I have a website with about 5,000 - 7,000 people on it per day who fit the same demographic as your site.If you follow this link, http://www.torontorealestatedirect.com/ you will see that I put your link on my homepage.

I'm sorry but I got a guy for my Canadian land deals.